jane

Tuesday, 17 April 2012




And so to continue with the tour of my Georgian house.  This is the dining room.  It is on the ground floor opposite the music room.  The mahogany banded table and chairs are by Escutcheon.  The seat pads are red leather but I would like to re-cover them in silk although I've never done anything like that before. 



The dinner service is by Stokesay Ware. Chinoiserie side tables and shelves by Escutcheon.  I've yet to find any small items to fill the shelves but I'm not in any rush, maybe I'll find something at Kensington next month.  The longcase clock is by Small Time and is based on a clock in Thomas Hardy's house.









 The little fruit plates are a favourite item of mine.  It seems a shame to hide them on the side table but I do swap them around so a different fruit is on the top. 

5 comments:

  1. Wow! So elegant! I love the china set on the dinner table. The soom looks stunning.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole room is elegant and I like the dinner table, it's perfect.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karon. I just love when I look at someones pictures and have to look twice to see if this is a dollhouse or a life size house. I had to look twice when I came in here today!! So beautiful, the fruit plates are absolutely adorable!!! Job well done. Jannet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karon! A beautiful dining room and the table setting is lovely! I love the mirror above the fireplace. Your little fruit plates are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your comments x

    ReplyDelete