jane

Friday, 24 August 2012

Hi everyone, hope you're having a wonderful summer where ever you are.  We now come to the second bedroom in the Georgian house.  As you can see it has been decorated in a lovely pale pink and lace style.  The bed cover is a vintage hankie that fits the brass bed perfectly without any alteration and the pillow is threaded with a line of pink ribbon.

(I love the little castors on the feet of the bed).

You can see the side table from Tarbena that I am using as a dressing table.  It is a beautiful honey colour wood with gold, pink and green floral decoration and brass handles. The ribbon mirror is also from Tarbena and the china jug, basin, potty and tray are from Stokesay Ware.  The little pink shoes were a gift from a friend.


The fire surround is very plain and simple.  I will try to find a nice portrait to hang over it. 

The tabby cat from Sarah Schiff has decided to make this bed his own!  In this close up you can see the lace edge of the hankie where it has been turned back. 

And here's another picture that shows the lace edging.  Gorgeous isn't it?  There's one more corner of this little room that I have yet to furnish.  I'm thinking of a bedroom chair or a full length cheval mirror but as yet am undecided.  I've included a reminder of the silk curtains and blinds that feature in an earlier post.  This bedroom is fitted with the little ruffled blind.

See you all next time and thanks for following x

10 comments:

  1. Hello
    Oh it's just so beautiful it all. The cat on the bed looks so lifelike. The "beautiful writing board" is very special. I self started to decorate a bedroom. I look forward to seeing more.

    Hugs
    Wyrna From A Fairytale come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Karon,

    What a beautiful bedroom you have created. I'm in love with that beautiful brass bed. You wallpaper is very beautiful. The table is true craftsmanship. The cat sleeping on the bed I find a very nice detail.

    Kind regards Xandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely piece of furniture the desk is and it sits very well in the bedroom. This is a nice project to watch as a 'new follower'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your lovely comments and compliments x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bedroom . Is the brass bed a double bed?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bedroom Karon, and all your rooms, they are so lifelike and every little detail seems so perfectly scaled. I shall enjoy seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Karon, your blog is very interesting, because your choices are careful and sophisticated. I really like all your purchase and your links are well selected. I ended up looking forward to watching and reading all your posts. I always do when a blog intrigues me. I can not wait to see your French house. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you have decorated this room! Simply lovely.
    Merry Christmas from Canada,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth, thanks for commenting and Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete